Saturday, May 16, 2015

Brave New World

Presenting "Lydon" - The fifth in my series of graphic meets 3D style characters for my collectible resin figures.
Back in March of 2015, I was asked to participate in introducing the latest Makerbot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer for a national pc retailer in my area. Although as the title suggests ("Brave New World"); 3D printing/printers for the consumer is hardly new. And many of the Makerbot printers are commonly found in most retail stores; ranging from Office Depot to the big box giant, Home Depot. Nevertheless, from a traditional sculptor's point of view, (who has recently made the leap into virtual sculpting), I thought this would be a cool experience to talk about the migration, process and to see first hand how my recent digital sculpt would translate to 3D printing. Lydon will be my first printed piece. Although the date has been pushed back for this demonstration, I am eager to see how well (or not) this process will preform compared to my experience in hand sculpting toys.
stay t00ned!

0 comments: